Saturday, August 14, 2010

New York, New York

I love when I tell people that I am from New York. In reality I have only been to NYC twice, but everyone else in the world assumes that the city takes up the entire state. People always ask how often I go there - but it's an 8 hour drive from my parent's house. Well, there is much more to NY than New York City - and Western New York is a great place to live and visit.

The food is wonderful - and I always overindulge. Every time I come home I am drinking too much wine, eating too much cheese, an excess of bean burritos, partaking in canadian chocolate, and eating the cheese omelets my mother makes for me each morning. I usually have a stomach ache the whole time I am here. But I have a hard time not being adamant about my diet. I don't want to be a bother- and would rather not inconvenience other people by having them accommodate me at their homes, or in restaurants. One day I will learn to be pickier- but in the meantime I am chugging Maalox each morning and enjoying cannoli's.

No comments:

Post a Comment