Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Szechwan style tofu and eggplant

Back to the tofu - I love it. And I had half an eggplant to get rid of. Another from Vegan Express (155 calories). Dave is gone so he can't complain about all the veggies.

1 Tbsp peanut oil
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
1 small onion, minced
4-5 garlic cloves, minced (I used 1 glove elephant garlic)
2 japanese eggplants or one medium eggplant
16 ounce tub extra-firm tofu
1/4 cup dry white wine (an excuse to drink with dinner!)
1/4 cup H2O
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tsp grated fresh ginger (I had none, so I used curry instead - it worked in the best way)
4 stalks bok choy (I have spinach to use up, so I used that)
Hot chile oil or Thai red curry paste
Soy sauce

Heat oils, add onion and garlic and saute them up. Chop up your eggplant, cube your tofu, and add to the oil/onion/garlic. Add wine, water, hoisin and ginger - cook for about 5 minutes covered, 5 minutes uncovered. Add bok choy and stir fry. Add soy sauce/chile oil/curry paste to taste.

I boiled some soba noodles and had it over those with some sriracha and the wine I opened. Very good and super filling.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment