Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Salty Chocolate Balls

My very favorite show, since I was in 5th grade, has been South Park.

One of my favorite South Park memories of all time is Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls. The song makes me crack up every time I hear it.

Well - I have been making raw balls for snacks for the past two weeks or so. One batch goes a long way. I wanted some sweetness after my healthy day - so I decided I would make a batch. Today I found that I only had 3 dates left- and the only nuts I had were salted. Hence, the chocolate salty balls. My recipe:

1/2 cup salted nuts
3 dates
2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (I grind my own at Whole Foods)
1 Tbsp dark cocoa powder

Get out your food processor, and process each ingredient in succession (first nuts, then add dates, PB, and powder). They take about 3 minutes total to make. If they are not sweet enough, add a squirt of agave nectar to your balls. Ta-da! Chocolate salty balls that Chef would approve of. Pop them in the freezer, then pop them into your mouth.


Say everybody have you seen my balls
They're big and salty and brown
If you ever need a quick pick me up
Just stick my balls in your mouth.

Oooo suck on my chocolate salted balls

Stick em in your mouth, and suck em

No comments:

Post a Comment